After our old coffeemaker died, I researched most of the big brands and read consumer reports so that I could make a better informed decision. There's so many models and features, it's enough to make your head spin! Our old dinosaur was so ancient, all it had was an on/off switch! :) I knew that some of the multitude of features on some models I researched, we'd never use... and most people wouldn't.
When I found the DCC-1200, I knew that this was the model for our family. It has plenty of features without having too many. We really appreciate the advance brew and auto shutoff features! No more going without morning coffee, no more "did I turn the coffeemaker off?!" It's just enough and perfect for us.
When I was shopping for a coffeemaker, I loved all of the features of the Cuisinart Brew Central. It is perfect when friends and family come over and it's a huge hit during the holidays! Instead of having to brew single cups over and over, the Cuisinart gives you 12 cups with each brew! We drink a lot of coffee when everyone is together, so it's great to be able to start brewing and not have to worry with cup after single cup. It is an affordable model, suitable for almost every kitchen.
- Of course, we always have someone who is impatient and needing a cup before it's finished, so the coffeemaker takes care of this with a great brew pause function. Grab a cup of coffee and then the rest of the brewing finishes perfectly. I don't know how many times just this function has saved us! It gives an audible beep signal at the end of the brew cycle, so you know when the whole pot is ready to be enjoyed!
- I also love being able to program the coffeemaker up to 24 hours in advance. It also has a programmable auto shutoff from 0 to 4 hours. Both of these features are convenient time-savers, but I enjoy the peace of mind they give as well. No more forgetting to brew morning coffee or the dreaded "did I turn it off?" I have become so spoiled to this coffeemaker, I could never be without it!
- This Cuisinart Brew Central 12 cup model also has an adjustable heater plate, with three temperatures, so that your brewed coffee stays warm and at the temperature you like best. No more throwing coffee out because it got too cold.
- Another nice function of the DCC-1200 is the self cleaning option. If you have hard water and use your coffeemaker frequently, calcium will build up on the internal parts. The coffeemaker has a small light beside the self clean button that will flash when you need to let it run through a cleaning cycle. When it flashes, just fill the reservoir with white vinegar and water, then just press the button, that's it! The coffeemaker does everything for you.
- It comes with charcoal water filters and a permanent gold tone filter so that you get the freshest, best-tasting coffee. I love the gold tone filter because it saves me from remembering to have traditional coffee filters on hand.
Product PerformanceThe Brew Central has performed very well for our family. Most of the time, it only brews one pot, but it does great when we've had the need for multiple pots during a function.
DimensionsThe coffeemaker measures 14.25 inches long by 8 inches wide by 10.75 inches high. It fits perfectly underneath our upper kitchen cabinets on the countertop. When we need it, we pull it out and after we're finished, it slides back out of the way.
- Advance Brew Start programmable up to 24 hours
- Auto Shutoff that is programmable from 0 to 4 hours
- Brew Pause feature lets you get a cup of coffee before the brewing is finished
- Adjustable warming plate to maintain coffee at your desired temperature
- 12 Cups Capacity - also has a 1-4 Cups feature
- Water reservoir placement makes it awkward to fill, especially for a full 12 cups
- Although brewing 1-4 cups is an option, our coffeemaker seems to "lose" about a half of a cup during brewing. This never happens when brewing a full 12 cups.
PriceIf you have many morning coffee drinkers in your home, the DCC-1200 is a good value. If you have friends and family over and there are coffee drinkers in the group, you'll love this coffeemaker!
We've had ours for about 4 years and we absolutely love it! It has been a great value for us and I just couldn't see us having another machine. If something happened to this coffeemaker, I would buy the same model again without hesitation!